Andrea Y. Tu
If your pet has a serious behavior problem, we can help. We’re the only service in NYC with a board-certified veterinary behaviorist dedicated to helping people understand their pets better and manage their problem behaviors.
Dr. Christensen, Dr. Tu and Dr. Spano see pets with a variety of behavior issues, including:
- Aggression to people and other animals
- Fear of noises, people, other animals, storms, and/or walks
- Problems when home alone
- Excessive barking or meowing
- House soiling and litter box issues
- Compulsive disorder
- Self-injurious behavior
- Puppy assessment consults and socialization plans
- Preparation for major household changes (such as moving, a baby’s arrival, etc)
- Senior pet behaviors (sleep issues, disorientation, lack of interaction, etc)
We know that having a pet can present unique challenges for special needs pets and their families, and we’ve developed techniques that will help you work around them. Many of our clients are referred to us by their veterinarians, trainers or other behavior counselors. Even if you’ve consulted multiple veterinarians or trainers about your pet’s situation, we are happy to see you. Nothing is more rewarding for us than supporting families while they work to help their pets.